This is NOT a joke. Free Fursuit Head made by therealurubabe. Raffle starts when I hit 50,000 page views. Please read the description for more details!
WIP of Riley’s reference sheet.
Finally got the anthro turnaround worked out! Just need to go back and clean up the coloring since I really need some sleep now. Next up is designing new clothing for her :)
Just finished a new cosplay that I’ve been working on the past few days: A Jurassic Park Employee! Simple, but nostalgic and awesome :)
Here is the work in progress photo gallery- https://www.flickr.com/photos/caninehybrid/sets/72157644898969076/
This suit is freaking ADORABLE! AHHHH *flails*
Piebald Hyena Partial by therealurubabe of Fursonalities.
Currently up for auction here, go check it out or spread the word! http://www.furaffinity.net/view/13616660/
Riley “CanineHybrid” is creating Creature Costumes
I have officially set up my Patreon page! Please come take a quick look and see all the cool things you can get by supporting my work and/or help me spread the word!
This is a fairly common problem that has to do with not padding the inside to make it tighter, but actually reinforcing the top of your head. I discovered this issue can still be present in my masks as well, so canine 2.0 will have a longer forehead that wraps further around the top of the head.
The reason this happens is because the top half of the mask needs to be able to stay in place securely and allow only the jaw to move freely. It needs a direct counter-force to pull against to allow the jaw to open, and if you drew a line following the elastic or springs that’s keeping the jaw closed, that line would point directly to the top of your head. That’s the area you need to have a physical barrier for the jaw to pull against and to stop it from moving or sliding. The more it wraps around the top of your head, the better it’ll stay in place.
One of my friends who’s built a mask with my blank cut apart a plastic tub and made a top of the head piece by heat-warping it into its shape and rivetting it to the resin blank. That worked great. In my “Naked Riley” WIP suit, I increased the surface area that it sits on my head with just stiffened felt as shown:
I don’t necessarily recommend leaving it as just felt, I would suggest using a plastic (like styrene) or coat the felt with something that will reinforce it, but it did actually help tremendously. Immediate difference- it stayed on much better and didn’t fall forward when I opened the jaw. Hopefully you find this to be a solution for your mask too!
And here he is ladies and gentlemen!
Lance the Furfrou in all of his fabulous glory!
I am so happy how this costume came out, lots of firsts, and lots of things that I learned while making it, and things that I can improve on in the future. As frustrating as the costume got at times really in the end it was all a labor of love and I’m so happy to see him all together. I finally got to make my poodle fursuit that Ive been thinking about for a couple years AND its a Pokemon too xD win-win!
Thank you Ani for taking these oh so lovely pictures of him! You’re the best!!and we have many many more, so be ready for that xD
Also keep an eye out for this snazzy boy at Akon 25! :3
OK LAST THING I SWEAR!!! Quick video taken by Ani and her wonderful encouragement to get in touch with my inner super star xD so here you can see how the costume moves about and how the tail wiggles x3
Ok I’m done now, really
HOLY GAWD I LOVE DAT TAIL <3
You will be so fab this A-kon! I can’t freakin wait *flails*
Pardon me while I dust off the old soap box and talk about some business stuff.